Thursday, November 26, 2009

What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


On today where being thankful should be at the forefront of all our minds, what are you most thankful for? I am thankful for my health, the ability to study my writing with a supportive family surrounding me and the presence of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ in my life. (Not in that particular order)


I believe that so often we are more consumed with making sure the turkey is cooked just right, the yams have enough brown sugar and the pumpkin pies have set, to truly be thankful. Sure, we get to eat a big meal, but where did that come from in the first place?


We all know the story of the Pilgrims landing on Plymouth Rock, losing a great deal of lives to sickness, the Indians assisting them and finally have prosperity in the New World. To celebrate their success they cooked a feast and were thankful... to whom? They thanked God for His provision, His caring love.


On today when you sit down to a table loaded with stuffing, potatoes, gravy, pies, look around the table at the people sharing it. Take a moment before digging in to give thanks to God. You wouldn’t be here celebrating if not for His provision. Don’t save all your thanks for this one day in November, continue to practice a thankful heart the whole year long. Let each day be filled with thanksgiving.


Thank you God for this day, may we be always aware of Your hand in our lives. With a thankful heart, we praise You, Lord Jesus. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


Have a wonderful day and don’t forget to put the thanks back in Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann