Thursday, February 27, 2014

Delightful Romance ~ The Dream Dress by Janice Thompson ~ Review

Every little girl dreams of what her wedding dress is going to look like on that special day and “The Dream Dress” has taken every little girl’s dream and made it come true in the course of this fun-loving novel, a spin-off of the “Weddings by Bella” series.

            I’m a personal lover of wedding days and all things wedding paraphernalia. What girl isn’t, right? Throw in a sweet hero with a heart for our heroine and you’ve got a recipe for a great story. Gabi is not without her share of problems, however and I thought her struggles with losing her father, trusting God and starting a brand new business from the ground up were realistic, with a stitch of humor and fun thrown in as well.
          
  Of course, our favorite wedding planner, Bella makes a guest appearance or two along with cameos from some of the beloved characters from earlier in the series. The scenes from the wedding dress shop were amongst my favorites, though they caused Gabi the most angst. But I do admit, the moment she stands up for herself, I wanted to cheer!
          
  A sweeter or more heart pulsing romance couldn’t be found for Jordan is one heart-stopping hero. One any girl would want to win the heart of. A true delight from beginning to end, I’d have Gabi design my wedding dress in a heartbeat!

        
   This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel....

A seamstress at a swanky bridal boutique, Gabi Delgado dreams of doing more than ripping out seams
and fitting dresses to doe-eyed brides. She wants to see her own dress designs gracing the young women of Texas. When Jordan Spencer, the editor of Texas Bride magazine visits the shop to do a feature, Gabi is devastated to lose her job in his very influential presence. Convinced she'll never get her dreams off the ground now, Gabi needs lots of encouragement--especially from her friend Bella Neeley--to take a chance and start her business. And as she gets to know Jordan, she discovers that she may have to take a chance on love as well. Could it be that she'll have to design her own wedding dress soon?

4 comments:

  1. I've read Queen of the Waves and loved it. This novel sounds like another winner from an extremely talented author. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings, Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very talented! Her contemporaries are my favorite, though I have enjoyed several of her historicals. She just does bridal books so well! :-))

      Delete
  2. Designing wedding dresses must be lots of fun- seeing the finished product on excited brides surely gives approval to your hard work. Love to read your book. sharon, CA wileygreen1(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to read this since I saw the cover. Just so fun! I'll definitely be picking it up!! :)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann