Saturday, April 24, 2010

Book Review: The Anonymous Bride

I love a good mail order bride story and THE ANONYMOUS BRIDE was such a fun one!


Marshall of Lookout, Texas, Luke Davis, isn’t looking to get married, not at least until three brides arrive, brides he never asked for!

The laughs were abundant as Luke finds himself placed in the middle of one town’s determination to see him married.

While the premise might sound farfetched, the novel wasn’t. Each step made perfect sense and the characters quickly became real. The tension between Luke and the woman he loves, was strong and magnetic. It’s fast paced and lively and I just love the friction between the three brides and the woman who really loves Luke.

The contest scenes were hilarious, but my favorite part was when the brides all showed up. I could see it unfold before my eyes; I wouldn’t want to be standing in Luke’s boots right then!

I loved the different threads woven through the book. From a disobedient child to a murdering, kidnapping outlaw. It kept me turning pages and I am so thrilled I was given the chance to read this book.

This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the author for a copy to influence.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Casey!! You make me want to go out an buy it, which is hard to get me to do.LOL

    I got an e-mail from the author's agent weeks ago asking if I would like to review TAB. I said I would but, I've yet to hear anything back from her and I don't think I will anytime soon. Bummer:(
    Anyways I hope you have a good day, today Casey!
    love Ya,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun book and one I think you would really enjoy reading, Ashley. You too Cheryl! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann