Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Heartwarming Storytelling ~ A Brides Sews with Love...by Erica Vetsch ~ Review


Oh sweet romance, what a pleasure you are to indulge in.

            Yes, I am emotionally passionate reader. I liked the romance of Julie Lessman and Laura Frantz, but a sweet romance such as this title makes me just as happy and satisfied. A compelling time period matched with equally as compelling characters and I found a sweet, enjoyable story that warmed my heart to read.
            
One thing I loved: Meghan’s spunk. I wish I had just a little dose of her spirit in dealing with difficult situations. Caleb is a complex (and frustrating) character, one that I wished would simply share what was wrong with his situation and why he hadn’t enlisted in the war. But then, as I so often like to instruct my dad in these kind of novel situations: then you wouldn’t have a story.
            
And what a fun story it is! Needles must be one *hot* place, because I felt the oven baking heat through the entire book. I enjoyed the glimpse into the life of a Harvey girl and the devastating calamity of an influenza outbreak.
           
Truly? A wonderful book to add to my collection. It’s charming and sweet of course, but lively and spunky. The romance is a forbidden one that drives the characters all the further toward resolution until it seems quite impossible.
           
Heartwarming story telling from page one.
            
This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the author and publisher for my copy to review.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

When her brother is injured fighting in France, Meghan enlists her fellow Harvey Girl waitresses to sew a Red Cross signature quilt to raise money for wounded doughboys. Local horse breeder Caleb McBride longs to join the battle, but the army won’t take him. Because he has kept his shameful infirmity a secret, the townsfolk have labeled him a coward and war profiteer. When Meghan uncovers his malady, her poor opinion of Caleb unravels. Can this beautiful seamstress find a way to mend his heart? 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one was on my to-read list even before your review...but your review has me more antsy than ever to read it, Casey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding this one to my reading list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The last romance I read with a Harvey Girl was one of Tracie Peterson's books over a decade ago I think. This looks so cute. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :-)

    xoxo,
    Renee C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Casey. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. You are such an encouragement to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this story. Meghan is a fun character with spunk, and Caleb is a great hero, one I really felt for--and fell for, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann