Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lovely Collection ~ Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection by Cindy Woodsmall ~ Review


I’m a big-time collector of all Cindy Woodsmall’s books. So even though I’d already owned and read the first two novellas in this collection (you can read a previous review here), with the addition of “The Dawn of Christmas” I had to read this latest sweet story.

            And a sweet one it was. Novellas are not known for their depth of content as the word count just isn’t there to fully play with characterization. But what was included within these less-than-two-hundred-pages was a story of forgiveness and growth that left a sweet sigh in my heart when I read that last page.
            
Sadi and Levi have much working against their “relationship” due to personal issues in their past, but when life continues to throw them together, as a reader, I had the great fun of watching them fall in love and come together.
           
The Amish world is one that seems to hold no end of fascination for many readers. I thought this latest novella showed a different side of that world with a more welcoming touch to the outside electronic offers than in previous Orders.
            
A sweet story told in just a few pages, weaving in characters from the previous two novellas, making a lovely well-rounded collection. Perfect to curl up with on a cold winter’s day!
           
This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about this collection...

Experience the holidays with the Plain folk of Apple Ridge, Pennsylvania, in these touching novellas centered around love, romance, heartache, and restoration from best-selling author Cindy Woodsmall. 

The Sound of Sleigh Bells 
Beth Hertzler is unable to let go of a past tragedy, but when she discovers a large, intricately carved scene of Amish children playing in the snow, something deep inside Beth’s soul responds. Determined that her niece meet the gifted artist, her aunt tracks him down, but it’s not that simple – will Jonah be able to offer Beth the sleigh ride she’s always dreamed of and a second chance at real love?
 
The Christmas Singing 
Mattie thought her childhood sweetheart adored her until he abruptly ended their engagement on Christmas Eve. Brokenhearted, Mattie moves away and pursues her longtime dream of becoming a cake decorator, and even finds a new beau. But when Mattie is forced to return home three years later, will learning the truth behind Gideon’s rejection restore her Christmas joy – or open the door to even deeper heartbreak?
   
The Dawn of Christmas 
Sadie enjoys her freedom away from home and her mission trips to Peru, but after four years, her Old Order Amish family insists it’s time to come home and settle down. Levi, a bachelor who distrusts women after a family heartbreak, also has no desire for romance. To keep their families from meddling in their lives, Sadie and Levi devise a plan—but soon discover that the walls around their hearts are breaking down. Can they let go of their prejudices, learn to trust each other, and embrace a future together?


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Will you please consider rating my review? Your email is only to ensure that one person does not accidently rate a certain review more than once.

I'd appreciate the help! Thanks. :-)


4 comments:

  1. Another great review, Casey! I always love stopping by your site to see what's new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so interesting! I don't think Ι hаve
    rеaԁ a single thing like that bеfoгe.
    Ѕo wonderful to find somebodу with a few genuine thoughts on this
    iѕsue. Seгiοusly.. manу thanks for ѕtarting this up.
    Thiѕ ωеb site is one thing that iѕ neеdеd on the internet, sοmeоne with a bit
    of originаlity!
    My site - Rare Fortune Teller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas books, great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann