Wednesday, December 4, 2013

So Satisfying ~ Love's Awakening by Laura Frantz ~ Review

I love words that take you by the hand and lead you deeper into the story-what reader doesn’t? “Love’s Awakening” is one such title I have been hording until just the right reading moment and that moment presented itself to me…and it was so worth the wait.

            I didn’t expect anything less than what I received between the gorgeous covers of this historical romance. Characters that brim with spice and spunk and a determination to do what is right in the eyes of God. History is rich in filling between the cracks of the character’s lives, but in a way that does that detract from the story at all but only adds to the fullness of every minute spent within the story.
         
   Ellie and Jack’s love story is no conventional one…fall in love with your father’s enemy? The town’s professed villain? And yet their attraction is so pure…and so passionate. Jack is such a noble hero with the burden of the world on his shoulders which I wanted desperately to see released. And for Ellie to come truly into all her character’s potential.


            There is never just one layer to a story like this. Too many between characters, story world and secondary contributors to mention in one simple review and I can’t begin to do the book justice. I can promise it is fully worth the read. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

The path to true love lies somewhere between two feuding families 
In the spring of 1822, Ellie Ballantyne leaves finishing s
chool and returns to the family home in Pittsburg only to find that her parents are away on a long journey and her siblings don't seem to want her to stay. Determined to stand her ground and find her place in the world, Ellie fills her time by opening a day school for young ladies.
But when one of her students turns out to be an incorrigible young member of the Turlock family, Ellie knows she must walk a fine line. Slaveholders and whiskey magnates, the Turlocks are envious of the powerful Ballantynes and suspicious of their abolitionist leanings. As Ellie becomes increasingly entangled with the rival clan--particularly the handsome Jack Turlock--she finds herself falling in love with an impossible future. Will she betray her family and side with the enemy?
Masterful storyteller Laura Frantz continues to unfold the stirring saga of the Ballantyne family in this majestic tale of love and loyalty. This is the Ballantyne Legacy.

8 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorite reads of the year by far. Loved it sooooo much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've read Laura Frantz, I was afraid you would have said you hadn't. ;-) Have you read The Colonel's Lady? That's one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. You always write such beautiful reviews Casey! This book is on my Christmas list, can't wait to read it. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! But the credit really goes to the author who always puts me in a very creative mood. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this story for many of the reasons that your mentioned. Jack is a favorite of Laura's characters of mine second only to Silas. Jack at the beginning is pretty much the opposite of Silas. But Jack even though he's a bad boy he has a heart of gold. The story reminded me a little of Pride and Prejudice with Jack reminding me a little bit of Mr. Darcy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think the hero from The Colonel's Lady is my favorite of Laura's heroes. He captivated more than the heroine's heart if you know what I mean. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I have read nothing but wonderful reviews, & comments, on ALL of Laura's books, & happily anticipate the time when I have worked my way down my TBR list - to her books! I love the beautiful cover on this book, & the heroine's angelic face - & I love the graciousness to readers, sweetness, & Godliness, that is expressed in all Laura's interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful review of a beautiful book, Casey! So well said; glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann