Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Beautiful Telling ~ A Stillness of Chimes by Meg Moseley ~ Review

The depth of character development in this novel is deep and subtle, drawing deeply on the surrounding events that are happening to the characters with a beauty and an ease to the storytelling that made it easy to keep picking up this book.

Our heroine, Laura has not had the easiest of lives and that has contributed everything to where she is right now. In her hometown, her childhood sweetheart back in her life and the potential that her once thought to be dead father could very well be alive. If that is not enough emotional depth, I don’t know what is. 

There is much happening within the characters and I think it’s balanced well with the action of the story, though it is slight and more is focused on creating rich and deep characters. I found sections of the story emotionally pulling at my heart strings and while the romance is subtle, it drew me in ever so gently-a hard thing to do with this hopeless romantic.

I did think parts of the story might have been a little bit slow, but on the flip side of that, the literary quality, the character depth, the symmetry woven throughout the story created a great character driven women’s fiction.

This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

When Laura Gantt returns to Georgia to handle her late mother's estate, she hears a startling rumor---that her father staged his drowning years ago and has recently been spotted roaming the mountains. 

With the help of her former high school sweetheart, Laura searches for the truth. But will what they find destroy their rekindled feelings?















Will you please consider rating my review? I would be so incredibly grateful!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I only recently discovered your blog but find your reviews so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rebecca! Hope to see you around WfC often and that you'll share YOUR book recommendations. :-))

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review, Casey! I have this book on my desk and will now make sure I get time to dive into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. Definitely worth the time reading it. :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann