Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Book Review: Scattered Petals

Two people running from a past they long to forget, can love conquer the barriers they have erected around their hearts?


While you don’t need to have read Paper Roses (the first book in the series) to understand Scattered Petals, I believe you will have a better appreciation for the characters and their town in this second book if you do.

Scattered Petals picks up right where Paper Roses left off (only with primarily new characters). Different variables played into this story. From a town that refuses to let two people from different nationalities to marry, to a spoiled young man bent on revenge. And that is just what is going on in the background. The main story plays out on the page’s canvas with desperation, guilt, loss, hurt and love.

What kept me reading the story (besides wanting to know how everything would come together) is seeing how the author would tie together the secondary characters and bring them into the plot. And customary to Amanda Cabot (what I enjoy about her fiction) are the endings. She always finds a way to ratchet the tension and bring the reader to care about how it concludes.

I found Scattered Petals a touching love story, with some suspense.

I received this book from the author to be used as an influencer. I received no compensation for my review.

2 comments:

  1. I really thought that this one was a lot better than the first one! I will be reviewing it soon for the tour! I can't wait to read how this series ends! :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know what she is goiing to do. I think the next book is about that Ranger who was sweet on Priscilla. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann