Thursday, September 22, 2011

Quirky, Fun Fiction ~ Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride by Sandra Bricker ~ Review

I love me a quirky romance. You know the kind that never seems to go the way it should? Or the kind that always throws out a bit of a surprise to the characters without seeming cheesy? I think this new novel fits the bill nicely.

            When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about a wedding planner unlucky in love, when it was really about a wedding planner and her fiancĂ©e that keep getting stalled on the way to the altar. Missing wedding dresses, a motion sickness-prone dog and allergies to the groom?? It made the story the perfect mix of quirky and serious as the bride and groom work through issues before the wedding.

            The cast of characters are a fun blend of enjoyable and serious sprinkled with dialogue that is witty, to the point or just plain true to life that gave me a smile.

            The novel is a fun, light-hearted read, but with a message to be who God created you to be and not try to be someone else. I cheered for the hero and heroine as they jogged two steps forward, one step back through the story.

            It’s not *as* LOL funny as the previous novel written in the same vein (you don’t really need one book for the other), but still a fun story sure to please the hearts that read it.

            This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers through Netgalley for my copy to review.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As a wedding planner, Sherilyn Caine should have the perfect wedding experience...
After all, she just landed her dream job at the wedding destination hotel, The Tanglewood. The rest should be a piece of cake for Sherilyn's Type A personality.
But while everything else goes smoothly, her own wedding plans start to sink right before her eyes. One way or the other, Sherilyn is determined to make this wedding work—until the latest development threatens to call the whole thing off. Is it possible that Sherilyn is allergic to her fiancĂ©?



**I am currently traveling to St. Louis, Missouri. Rest assured your comments are seen and so appreciated, but I won't be around to respond. Thank you for understanding! I appreciate each and every one of you so much!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann