Wednesday, May 2, 2012

So Sweet! ~ A Wedding Transpires on Mackinac Island by Cara Putman ~ Review



Second time around in reading this novel, this time as a hard copy in my hands, has gotten even better than the rough draft version I had on my computer.

            “A Wedding Transpires” is a sweet story, mixed with a generous dose of romance, but also the perfect amount of character angst and pinch of suspense. Mix that all up on a setting that seems it must be larger than life and you have a novel that will lull you away in sweet contentment for the hours you spend among the pages.

            What I loved the most is the story takes normal, everyday life and makes it perfect for the pages of a novel. A right balance of pace and story, the kind that makes for a quick read, but definitely a fulfilling one.

            And just because I had the chance to help the author in the early stages of the novel, does not make me bias. I love to escape into such a novel. I don’t have to worry about broken plot pace, characters that act of well…character. Or a story that fails to entertain me. I can simply focus on finding a comfy, quiet place to read and settle in for a few hundred pages.

            A great addition to the new Barbour destination collection, but also a sweet, quick read that will add pleasure to a few hours of your day. I know it did to mine.

            This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the author and publisher for my copy to review.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel....

Join attorney Alanna Stone as she returns home despite her determination to never set foot on Mackinac Island again. Once again in close proximity to Jonathan Covington, her first love, she vows to protect her privacy and her heart from the man who still makes her pulse race. But when her worst fears are realized and history repeats itself—landing her in the midst of a murder investigation—Jonathan may be her only hope. Will they be able to lay aside the past and let God heal their hearts, or will reconciliation come too late?

9 comments:

  1. I have this...I just haven't been able to get to it yet. Ugh! :)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect beach read! Just don't wait until it's warm outside to take the novel. ;)

      Delete
  2. This book is currently at the top of my TBR pile. :) Can't wait to read it. And I have a feeling it's going to have me wishing to visit Mackinac Island. :) Thanks for the review, Casey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made me wish to visit! She painted the scene so beautifully. More than idyllic, I think!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I have to get this! I collect all Mackinac Island stories as that is one of my top two favorite places on Earth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you will DEFINITELY want to read this novel. It's a sweetheart!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your review, Casey. I've heard good things about this book. I love the setting Cara chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara just writes a great well-rounded story. And it's in your "series". ;) Cara is awesome, writer, person. Love her.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the review, Casey. And for being a first reader. You are such a blessing to me. And Katy, I hope you love the book when you read it. You, too, Melissa. Keli, the setting is what made the book one I had to write. Leanne, Isn't Mackinac incredibly special?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann