Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Classic Storytelling ~ Shadowed by Grace by Cara C. Putman ~ Review


While I never have truly studied WWII, I have been fascinated by the novels written during that period. There is a certain “romance” if you will and base a novel on foreign soil and you have the makings for a captivating and sweeping story, because what reader doesn’t like to be transported to another world entirely when they sit down to read?
            
“Shadowed by Grace” in and of itself is a unique plot line. The main characters aren’t your typical soldiers, but they are fighting to protect something so important to society. I loved the tidbits of history sprinkled throughout the story and the telling of what happened to these pieces of art to protect them from being stolen and carried away, not to be found for years to come-if ever.
            
The landscape is rich in texture and setting. I rode in the back of that army jeep just as much as our hero did. Rachel is a compelling heroine with a story to tell and the romance of the book took me on a thrilling ride. This has such a strong feel of those old classic movies with Cary Grant or Audrey Hepburn as our main characters and I found myself living a piece of their lives through the pages of the story.

            
This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the author for a pre-release copy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the title and author...

Shadowed by Grace is the first in a stirring new series of stand-alone historical suspense novels by acclaimed author Cara C. Putman. Desperate to save her dying mother, Rachel accepts her newspaper’s assignment to travel to Italy to captures images dangerously close to the front lines of WWII. Her real motive – to find the father she never knew -- an artist she hopes can offer the comfort and support both she and her mother need to survive. It’s an unlikely situation for love and faith to flourish, but soon Rachel not only finds herself, but also her long-lost earthly father, and ultimately, the man her Heavenly father created to cherish and provide for her.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I've had this book on my Kindle for a couple weeks now and I keep thinking I'm going to be able to read it on a weekend (because I don't want to start until I can binge read!) and each weekend, something keeps coming up. But soon, I am going to gobble this one up because I love Cara's writing and I love WWII stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then this one will be perfect! And a couple weeks? Did you get a pre-release copy? I read the book when it was still in the rough draft stage, so I'm super excited to see how it morphed and changed. :)

      Delete
  2. I have a review copy of this book on it's way, and am very excited to start reading it since I love WWII novels! Thanks for your review!
    Bethany
    www.theliterarymaidens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! Cara's voice definitely lies in WWII romances. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the great review, Casey! I love WWII novels, & stories of dysfunctional relationships - this one looks wonderful! Dying to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann