Sunday, December 27, 2009

Never take anything for granted

I have really been thinking about this lately. How many things do you take for granted? Even the simple things like, indoor plumbing, food, warmth, family and friends.

You don't realize how much you use something until it is yanked from your grasp. Every time we lose the plumbing in our house, I praise God when you can flush the toilet, run water, clean the dishes again!

Every day we use things that we don't even realize that if they were taken away from us, we wouldn't be able to function. You can't live without food, yet are you thankful for it? We all pray over the meal, but are we truly thankful? I know I struggle here to be thankful from my heart, it's there every day! But what about the person who is starving? They are thankful for the simplest crumb. We are truly blessed. Thank you, God.

Early in 2009 my uncle was rushed to the ER because of a brain bleed at the base of his skull. For two days we lived on the edge, unsure if we would lose him. We praise God he still lives and thrives. But that frightening moment brought together my mom and her brothers, one who she had not seen in over 20 years. I had never even met my uncle and aunt from my mom's side. I will never take them for granted ever again. They are too precious. Cherish your family, those moments of togetherness. God has blessed you, don't throw those blessings away

Before that moment in time when life hangs in the balance, when the septic system is being dug up again, before the food is arriving late to the table, take that time and remember to be thankful for the little things. Tell your parents, siblings, spouse you love them You won't realize how much you appreciate even the mundane in life until it's taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann