Monday, December 21, 2009

What fires your inspiration?



Inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes. Mine comes in the form of pretty much any book on writing, written from the Christian viewpoint. I recently purchased A Novel Idea a book formed from the creative minds of today’s top leading authors. I open to the first page and am immediately immersed with the Christian faith and how our fiction should always parallel the greatest story ever told. Nothing fires my ambition more than reading a book written by a Christian on how to write Christian fiction.
I think the reason it drives me the way it does, is because I feel connected with these writers, they understand the struggle of the human condition, and how to point out our character’s faults in relation to the Bible. I struggle with conventional how- to- write books, not just because of the use of four letter words, but because I am not writing in the same market, my motivation lies elsewhere and it doesn’t include four letter words.


Now while certainly writers in today’s mainstream fiction will have wonderful advice to share (and I use it), they won’t often share my faith, hence they don’t fire my ambition as strongly as Christian writers do. Nothing encourages or inspires me more than to read a paragraph of wisdom shared from the fruits of these writer’s labors on how gratifying it is to write for our Lord and Savior.


Inspiration comes to whatever career you are placed in. What motivates you to do the craft the Master has designed for you? What do you hear, read, see, that reaffirms your place in that chosen field? Now that you know, take that motivation and go lay it at the Master’s feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann