Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Review: Code Traige by Candace Calvert

Help me! I need a prescription STAT! Because I am seriously addicted to Candace Calvert’s Medical Hope series fiction!
The pace, action, romance, suspense, drama, characters, faith, story! I could go on and on about the things I love about this book (or the entire series).
There is something about a medical drama that yanks at my attention. I don’t have to understand the medical terms to get the anxiety of the moment. I don’t have to intimately know a hospital to see the staff and workings, the drama or the tension, it is all plainly explained before my eyes, infused with a great story to make it stand up and stand out! And no inappropriate, gag worthy moments prevalent in the television medical industry!
How often do you come across a romance between a married couple? But oh the love story swept me away. It didn’t have to be overtly romantic to make me swoon, the characters themselves explode from the page with a romance all their own. And combine a gorgeous, tormented couple and you have a recipe for a great love story with plenty of turmoil.
Emotions run high, with a drug crazed father, a woman determined to claim the man she lusts after and enough medical drama to go around. I can’t get enough! I highly recommend this work of excellent fiction!

4 comments:

  1. Casey, a big THANK YOU for this very thorough and enthusiastic review of Code Triage. It's pleasure to have you "scrub in" with my Mercy Hospital team. :-)

    Blessings,

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, when I first wrote that review it was about twice that length! I could go on and on. And ahem, I hope you weren't too aware of all those exclamation points! I went a bit crazy. :) But love is just not strong enough, it was fantastic and I can't wait for that next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Casey! I wouldn't normally be drawn to this type of book, but your review has me thinking that I should definitely reconsider. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, this was a FANTASTIC book, I highly recommend it! I didn't know I was going to like medical dramas either until I picked up Candace's book. I couldn't put it down. I have read her books in under a day. Not an easy thing for me to do with my schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann