Thursday, June 7, 2012

So Much to Love! ~ Wish You Were Here by Beth Vogt ~ Review


So fun. So delightful. Such a great new voice to watch! A perfect weekend read and oh, so much more.

            “Wish You Were Here” has got so much to love! A kiss within the first ten pages? Yes, please! Conflict, love triangles, just a *wee* bit of drama (because what romance wouldn’t be good without it?), llamas, some LOL dialogue, but yet a depth to the characters that was well crafted. Awesome.

            I love Allison Denman. You can read so much of this character in her actions and she wants her happily-ever-after so badly, but it seems life isn’t going to give her one lying down.

            Sigh. Daniel is an easy-on-the-eyes hero. He has a great heart, but don’t let his outdoorsman exterior fool you. He’s got his own share of problems. Only one being the fact that he kissed his brother’s fiancée - five days before the wedding. Yeah. I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.

            I loved the depth to the characters. I felt Allison was really well rounded and played wonderfully upon the page. Don’t let the cute cover fool you, the novel has its moments of hilarity, but also some serious undertones that compliment it really well.

            I’d love to see Allison and Daniel get their cameo part two. Maybe a short story, please?

            An excellent new voice in Christian Fiction to watch, this novel does its genre proud!

            This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publisher and author for my copy to review/influence.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

Kissing the wrong guy days before her wedding leads Allison to become a runaway bride. But can it also lead to happily ever after?

Allison Denman is supposed to get married in five days, but everything is all wrong: the huge wedding, the frothy dress, and the groom.
Still, kissing the groom’s brother in an unguarded moment is decidedly not the right thing to do. How could she have made such a mistake? It seems Allison’s life is nothing but mistakes at this point. And pulling a “Runaway Bride,” complete with "borrowing" her best friend’s car, doesn’t seem to solve her problems.
Can Allison find her way out of this mess? She prefers to be the one in control, and giving it up is not going to be easy. But to find her way again, she will have to believe that God has a plan for her and find the strength to let Him lead.
Wish You Were Here is fun and full of humor—sure to be a pleasure to inspirational romance readers.

10 comments:

  1. So glad you liked this book! I NEVER re-read books but am thinking this is one to re-read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brooke, you NEVER re-read?? What a shame! That's what I love about finding a great book. And this one is definitely worth a re-read. :D

      Delete
  2. I LOVED this book. And yes, Daniel is hunky. And sweet. The snow cave scene made me swoon. ;) And I don't swoon easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *I* actually loved the scene in the hospital. When she figures out she would be nothing without him. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting this review, Casey!
    I had fun writing both the snow cave scene (took some research!) and the hospital scene.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you probably had fun writing this book period, right? ;)

      Delete
  4. I literally JUST finished this book:) I didn't want it to end. Alli was so easy to relate to. I'll definitely pick up the author's next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super pumped for the next book! I hope we get cameo character appearances, hint, hint, Beth. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Just bought Wish You Were Here by Beth Vogt on the strength of this review! Can't wait to read it. Thank you so much for your wonderful reviews, Casey!

    You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casey, your review is excellent... it really makes me want to READ THIS BOOK! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann