Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What a Fun Novel! ~ The Director's Cut by Janice Thompson ~ Review


What a fun book!
           
The third and final story in the “Backstage Pass” series was such a fun (and quick) read. From the very beginning of reading Tia’s “voice” on the page, I knew I would love this girl…and I did. She completely endeared me, though she certainly has her share of troubles!
           
Janice Thompson is at her best upon the page in first person voice. Tia came to life with her quirky little internal one liners and great perspective. What I appreciated and loved the most though was how the faith journey was woven through every part of the story and never became preachy.
           
Throw in a fun setting like Hollywood, quirky and fun secondary characters and the novel is just one plain enjoyable ride.
           
I have to say this one has been my favorite of the three in this series. How it combines series and funny with that signature romance all makes for a neat little package wrapped up in a great cover.
           
It doesn’t have the typical romance formula “boy gets girl, boy losses girl, boy wins girl back” and it was a nice change. More of a relationship that has progressed across three books and taken off in this novel.
          
  All in all, the author is at the top of her game, I loved this story, loved the characters, loved the crafting of the novel. Totally an enjoyable couple hours of entertainment.      
           
This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.
           
**Available June 2012 from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group**


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

More about the novel....

Tia Morales is used to calling the shots. She's the director of the popular sitcom Stars Collide, and her life on set is calculated and orderly. Well, most of the time. But her life outside the studio is another matter. If only she could get her family to behave as well as her stars do When she starts butting heads with handsome camera operator Jason Harris, it's enough to send a girl over the edge. Will she ever learn to let go and take life--and love--as it comes? 

Full of the humor and crazy family dynamics Janice Thompson fans have come to love, this colorful story gives readers an inside look at Hollywood and a healthy dose of romance.

2 comments:

  1. Have to read this!! But I should probably the first couple in the series first, shouldn't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd suggest it Melissa. There would be spoilers if you didn't read the first 2 first. This one was my favorite, though. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann