Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Book Review: A Promise to Remember

Two women struggling for a tragic loss, each on opposite sides of society. Can love broach the boundaries of hate and unforgiveness? Will either of these women accept God’s love and healing care?


This was my second book by Kathryn Cushman and I really enjoyed it. In the space of one night two women lose their sons in a tragic car accident. What ensues isn’t just about overcoming grief, but relationships, guilt, even a lawsuit and black mailing. Though while Kathryn’s books debate on high emotional topics, I always leave her writing satisfied and eager for more of her work. She has an honest, straight forward writing voice that speaks to the reader, drawing them into the story. Her characters live and breathe, becoming real to me in their trials and joys. At each turn something new is added to deepen the plot and cause more turmoil for the acting characters.

At one point I thought there could have been a bit more detail when one couple receives the lawsuit papers, but aside from that, I thought it was a great novel and would enjoy reading it again. I look forward to more by this author.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I love finding new authors. I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Katy breaths life into her characters. I have read two of her books and would love to read this new one.
    Deborah M.
    debbiejeanm[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by ladies! This book is great and well worth the time reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann