Monday, February 8, 2010

Facing Trials with Perseverance

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 2-4


This has been the sequence of my life for the past few days. I have been brought through some pretty tough trials lately that even now I want to buckle under the weight and not press on.

My writing has proven a struggle for me the last few days. I can’t get the right words out, I struggle with the proper prose and my third person close is not speaking to me right now! And the devil has really been doing a number on me. When I read for pleasure I tend to think “I can’t write like that” and that thought inevitably leads to “So why try?” Why try if I can’t get it right?

I recently wrote something that had repercussions that hurt me greatly, plus some unintended consequences I hadn’t bargained on. Trying to set that right beat me down and made me really wonder if a life with words is the path God wants for me.

But I was listening to KLOVE yesterday and they read this verse on the air. It really made me sit back and think, not only will these struggles bring me through the valley a better person, but a stronger writer, a person not lacking ANYTHING. Wow, that is really some promise. To know that God can work my trials so they will strengthen me and give me perseverance makes the past week of heartache worth it. I am not saying that God makes us suffer, but He can use that trial to strengthen and give us maturity.

Trials will never be easy. I will still struggle with getting my writing to where it needs to be. But I am going to take heart in the promise from God’s word, “Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking ANYTHING.

2 comments:

  1. "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:10

    He lifted you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY! He is always there when I need Him the most, especially when I doubt. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann