Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hidden Affections by Delia Parr ~ Review

The plot premise to “Hidden Affections” grabbed my attention and that coupled with a great cover (smile), I decided to give the book a try.

The first half of the story was intriguing, watching these polar opposite characters, thrust into a marriage of convenience, of the most extreme form (have to read the book to find out) kept me wondering what was going to happen in their relationship.

The secondary characters, especially the housekeeper, were a delight. Her spice even added a bit of the humor factor as the main characters worked out their struggles.

But as the book wound to a close, about 140 pages from the end, I found myself guilty of skimming. The plot seemed a bit slow, but I also wasn’t brought into the “middle” of the story. I know I refer to that a lot in my book reviews, but if I’m not feeling the characters emotions and struggles, I must admit to losing interest.

The book started out strong, but did end a bit weak for me personally. I know from glancing at Amazon that others have loved this book, so take this review with a grain of salt and thanks for taking time to read my personal opinion.

This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

More about the book:

Betrayed by her husband, Annabelle Tyler wears the burden of legally being a divorcee, a difficult position for an upstanding young woman to find herself in. While attempting to start a new life for herself, an unexpected turn of events once again has Annabelle married--this time to Harrison Graymoor, the most eligible, yet elusive, bachelor in Philadelphia. Harrison assures her that he will secure an annulment immediately, unaware that the constable has sent word of the marriage to the press in Philadelphia. And here things continue to go awry. Harrison's past, a philanthropic cousin with his eye on Annabelle, and the appearance of Annabelle's ex-husband threaten the tentative relationship growing between Harrison and his "wife." For two individuals set against marriage, there are certainly a lot of second thoughts regarding the one forced upon them.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been doing alot of reading in the past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Faye, yes that would probably be an understatement. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann