Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday!


I have been a fan of MaryLu Tyndall since the moment I read The Falcon and the Sparrow. Her latest books have all been fantastic (and so is her backlist. ; - ) And I can't wait for this book to make it to my hot little hands. Due June 2012 (a bit more of a wait to be sure. Sigh)

Here is more about the story from MaryLu's blog:

Adalia Winston, a runaway slave, arrives in the bustling port town of 1811 Charleston, South Carolina, having escaped her vicious owner on the island of Barbados. Only one quarter Negro, she is able to hide her heritage and use her herbal medicinal skills to procure a job with a local doctor. When she meets Morgan, the handsome, spoiled son of a rich plantation owner, she finds herself swept up into the extravagant, pampered lifestyle of the Charleston elite, relishing the attention and opulence of a world she never dreamed existed. But in her efforts to be a part of popular society and capture the heart of Morgan, has she pushed the God who has never left her into second place, while being ashamed of the person He created her to be? And when her owner comes to stake his claim, will Morgan and her new friends stand up for her when they discover who she is, or will her world come crashing down around her?

10 comments:

  1. I love the cover...and on a plantation...sounds great!!

    Right now I'm eagerly awaiting Laura's novel :) Sarah Sundin's newest should be out this week, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cover the other day, and squealed with glee! Beee-uuu-tiful!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JULIA, I agree! It does sound wonderful and did you see the trailer for The Colonol's Lady yet?? Sarah's book looks fantastic!

    BECKIE, I think so too!

    CHRISTY, I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover. Sounds great, I haven't read anything by MaryLu yet, but I've been meaning to for some time. I guess I'll have to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I look forward to reading this one, too! I'm currently reading Surrender the Heart - it's very good!

    I'm also anxiously awaiting TCL! I have it on preoreder with amazon, but if I see if before that, I don't think I'd be able to restrain myself from buying it on the spot, lol. Also have Sarah's book on preorder. And let's not forget Mrs. Lessman's book!! Ahhh, SO many great books coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAYE, oh you will have to get MaryLu's books! She's one of my favorite authors!

    MICHELLE, oh goodness, I know!! Just saw the email for Laura's book to review and I can't wait for Sarah's book. Wow, it's crazy!! :D

    Did you see the countdown on the side bar for Julie's book??

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cover!!! I just tried to add it to my wishlist at goodreads, but the info's not up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is soooo beautiful and takes a different angle then most historicals being published recently. A refreshing change! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. JOY, this one is still a bit of a way out, but it'll be here before we know it!!

    KATY, I completely agree with you! It is definately an eye-catcher.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann