Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Think I Might Be Craving Donuts... ~ My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren ~ Review

I. Loved. This. Book.

I’ve read a lot of books by the powerhouse storyteller Susan May Warren and I’ve loved a great many of them. No, no, no, I LOVED this book. Because I honestly believe, “My Foolish Heart” is her best yet.

The characters are so three-dimensional they pop from the page. Isadora and Caleb were my favorites, but the secondary characters are so real. For an aspiring writer, Susan is a tour in all that makes a book great and for the reader, they will delight in the hard work put into the story and what makes it so perfect.

The story is told between the lines of great dialogue, the characters are rife with struggles and personality. Some of their actions made me laugh out loud and groan for the growth they still needed to make. Caleb and Issy are so loveable I ached to see them succeed in each of their chosen ventures. Caleb is the kind of hero I hope to fall for.

Setting speaks for the character’s emotions and as Issy and Caleb are pushed toward each other, the sparks fly fast. I held my breath and pages were hot beneath my touch as the climate pushed to the apex.

I. Loved. This. Book. It packs a beautiful romance with characters that struggle, laugh and love through the pages. I did not want this book to end. My heart aches to return to the setting among friends and a love that surrounds me in the town of Deep Haven.

I think I might be craving donuts…

This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to Litfuse publicity for my copy to review.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Susan May Warren is thrilled to announce the release of her latest Deep Haven book, My Foolish Heart!



Read what the reviewers are saying here.


To celebrate this charming novel about a dating expert who's never had a date, Susan has put together a romantic night on the town for one lucky couple. One grand prize winner will receive a Miss Foolish Heart prize package worth over $200!




The winner of the Romantic Night on the Town Prize Pack will receive:


* A $100 Visa Gift Card (For Dinner)


* A $100 Gift Certificate to a Hyatt/Marriott Hotel


* The entire Deep Haven series


To enter just click one of the icons below. But, hurry, the giveaway ends at noon on June 16th. The winner will be announced that evening during Susan’s Miss Foolish Heart Party on Facebook! Susan will be chatting with guests, hosting a book club chat about My Foolish Heart, testing your Deep Haven trivia skills, and giving away tons of great stuff! (Gift certificates, books, donuts, and more!) Don't miss the fun and BRING YOUR FRIENDS! 



Enter via E-mail Enter via FacebookEnter via Twitter

14 comments:

  1. I read this book a few months back. It was my first SMW book, and I loved it, too! It would make a very touching movie . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey,

    You've sold me on this book. I've been wanting to read one of Susan's books for a while. This sounds like a great place to start!

    Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Cheers,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. RENEE ANN, it would make a great movie...if they could do it justice. :-) You should totally read her PJ Sugar Series and her Noble series. GREAT books!

    PEGG, yes it is a grea prize!

    SUSAN, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! This one is AWESOME! Great, great book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great review! I've loved all of Susan May Warren's books that I've read (and I've read a lot) and I know anything she writes is going to awesome. This one looks so cute. I love her other Deep Haven books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SARA, I completely agree with you! She has a talent with words that I soo envy. ;-) I should go back and read her other Deep Haven books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review, Casey! I want to run out and get this book NOW. : )

    I've never read anything by Susan before, so would it be better if I read the other three books in this series first, before reading this one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. MICHELLE, you should get it NOW! :-)) No, this book is the start of a new series, if I understand correctly. She is just revisiting a setting she had created from another series. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the info, Casey. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great review! I love your reviews so much. Thanks Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She sure knows how to throw a party, doesn't she? I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MICHELLE, :-))

    FAYE, ah thanks!! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ELIZABETH, welcome to Writing for Christ, thanks so much for stopping by! Yes, Susie's books sure know how to entertain and enlighten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im on the 12th June for this Book :) Looking forward to reading it. I love ur site and am a new follower. Another Great way to get Christian Books to review if you don't use them already is Netgalley www.netgalley.com and Charisma House :)
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. PHANTOM, thank you!

    DIANE, yes, I completely agree. A wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann