Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Hello Hollywood"... I am SO there! ~ by Janice Thompson ~ Review

I love a good escape into a fun story. Sometimes in life we just need a really good escape and “Hello Hollywood”…I am SO there!

                The second novel in the “Backstage Pass” series is a complete package winner. I felt a bit like I was living on a “Dick Van Dyke” set and it was so fun. There was a bit of writer’s humor which I couldn’t help chuckling at, and Janice Thompson writes situational comedy so well.

                I first got to know Athena in the first novel, “Stars Collide” and I was so thrilled to read her story.  Her big Greek family is a hoot and the sparks between her and Stephen…ooo boy. The romance is sweet, but on fire!

                But what I loved most about this book is not only the great escape, fun setting and lovable characters, it was a sweet story from beginning to end. Just enough tension to keep the story moving and me as the reader invested, and more than enough humor to keep the story entertaining. There is something fun and addictive about getting into the head of an ever so slightly sarcastic heroine.

                “Backstage Pass” is one of new favorites by Thompson, bested only by her “Weddings by Bella” series. She combines great situational humor, setting and faith and I know I’m always in for a delightful read. It might not always be realistic, but that is what makes it fun! You’ll laugh and love, hopefully as much as I did.

                This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.

                **Available September 2011 from Revell, a division of Baker Publishers**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
More about the book...

Athena Pappas is the head writer on one of the most popular sitcoms in television history. But when Vegas comedian Stephen Cosse is brought in to beef up the show's suddenly sagging ratings, she starts to worry about her job. Sparks fly as the competition--and attraction--between the two writers heats up. Athena has never had a problem scripting the romances of her characters. So why is her own love life so hard to script?

With humor and a Hollywood-insider viewpoint, Hello, Hollywood! delivers lots of laughs as the characters discover that not being in control of the plot of their lives might just be the best thing that ever happened to them.

3 comments:

  1. Great review :) Sounds like a fun book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a peach, girlie! Thank you for reading. Glad you enjoyed Athena's story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAYE, it is. ;-)

    JANICE, I should have put our picture together up there! I had this scheduled before the trip though. :) CAn't wait for your third one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann