Monday, December 14, 2009

Are you patient?

If you could project your life into the future, what would you want to see? What would be the ideal picture for your life? Mine would be married to a great guy, children, a farm in the middle of no where, three Christy Awards, a Rita and #1 on the New York Times Bestsellers list- twice. I can see you shaking your head at my farfetched idea, I can dream can’t I?


The other night we attended a wedding of family friend. I love weddings. The lights, the beauty, the happiness pervading every corner of the room. Ever stand in the back and wonder if it will be you with the preacher? Ever wonder if that day will ever come?


I am going to attend a two day writer’s workshop in April with best selling author Susan May Warren and Chip MacGregor, I am going to take this chance to improve my work and hopefully have the chance to have either teacher look over my work, tell me if it’s worthy of that bestseller’s list. J Ever wonder if that moment will come when your work will be in the hands of a reader half away across the nation. Ever wonder if that day will ever come?


It’s not easy to sit back and wait on the Lord, seek His will for a situation and let Him control the gear shift. I could launch into an entire discussion of being patient, your day will come, yada yada yada. We’ve all heard it and you don’t need to hear it from me. It’s not easy to concede that your day isn’t here yet, to ignore that niggling doubt in the back of your brain, no matter what your dream may be. But God knows our hopes and dreams, He knows them because He planted them deep within our hearts. If God has given you a talent for something, as long as you use it for His glory, He will bless it. You may have to wait years, but that is what faith is for. Put your trust in the Creator of Heaven and Earth, believing that He has your best interest at heart. If you follow Him faithfully, you will never know what to expect.

3 comments:

  1. Simply Beautiful! I couldn't agree more. But I find that I sometimes don't wait on the Lord and plow right on ahead. And in the end, end up in a ditch I can't get myself out of. Patience is one of the many things I need to work on. But it's funny cause, publishers don't seem to be very patient;~) Always on a deadlines:~) one of my favorite authors, Deeanne Gist, has to write a book every six months. It would take me, a year just to write one. Talk about demanding (at least for me;~)

    Love Ya,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Ashley! I often find that while writing these thoughts, they speak to me and come out of my heart and thoughts more than anything. It's good therapy for me to write this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh see, I stand at weddings and think "They have no clue what they are in for!!" Yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann