Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Author Bio Spotlight: Cara Putman







The first line on Cara Putman’s website is: "I’m a woman living a dream God planted in my heart years ago". That dream has come to fruition in mind blowing ways. Cara’s first book, Canteen Dreams was the American Christian Fiction Writer’s (ACFW) book of the year for a short historical. Sandhill Dreams followed it a year later and was a finalist for the same award. With nine books in print and one due in March of 2010, Cara is far from bored. She is a wife, mother of three, lawyer and author, living in Indiana.
Cara’s books focus primarily on WWII and
the conflicts on the home front. But if you are interested in mysteries, she has two entitled, Deadly Exposure and Trial by Fire (expect a review soon on this title) Her WWII romances are published by Heartsong Presents and her mysteries by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense.
I have read two of Cara’s books and am working on a third. She has a wonderful voice about her writing that is unique and gripping. Her characters have human qualities and sing out for a reader’s approval. I love her stories for their growth of characters, the interaction between hero and heroine (she knows how to write a good Christian romance) and the faith element she incorporates to grow and develop her characters. All this by showing the reader the subtle changes in each life.
Cara has a wonderful blog I love to visit, which she updates nearly everyday. Often you will find a contest going on for a favorite author of hers. Visit her at www.carasmusings.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann