Thursday, December 22, 2011

Swept Off My Feet in The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter ~ Review

4.5 stars to a novel that completely charmed me!

            I’ve gotta start this review off with props to the dialogue. It has some of the best dialogue to read and is fast-paced, quick and to the point and escalates the tension so quickly! Shay comes off snarky and stubborn, but I loved her. She knows what she wants and has struggles to overcome, but deep down, she is so completely relatable. More often than not she had me giggling at something she said or did. Oh, of course she was upset with Travis when she said it, but I loved her.

            Oh Travis. Travis. Travis. What a hero to fall for. He has so many excuses to get angry and walk away from his “accidental” marriage (I’ll let you read the book, and trust me, you should. ;-) to Shay, but making up for his past mistakes to her means more to him. And his love for her melted my heart. Oh to be in Shay’s shoes. Sigh.

            From cover to cover, I sighed. I grinned. I groaned when Shay told Travis off because she was too stubborn to accept his help and I swooned during more than one kiss.

            Really what it comes down to is you need to read this book. It’s got just about everything it needs to be a really great romance with a plot that drives the story without stopping. A great read!

            This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
More about the novel....
When a wedding reenactment turns real, this cowgirl suddenly finds she's an accidental bride.

Shay Brandenberger is raising her daughter in Moose Creek, Montana on her childhood ranch, nestled against the Yellowstone River. Despite her hard work, she can't seem to keep her head above water-and now the bank is threatening to foreclose. She prays for a miracle, but the answer she receives is anything but.


Having agreed to play the bride in the Founders Day wedding reenactment, Shay is mortified to be greeted at the end of the aisle by none other than Travis McCoy, her high school sweetheart-the man who left her high and dry for fame and fortune on the Texas rodeo circuit.


Then the unthinkable happens. Thanks to a well-meaning busy body and an absent minded preacher, the wedding reenactment results in a legal marriage. But before Shay can say annulment, Travis comes up with a crazy proposal. If she refuses his offer, she'll lose her home. But if she accepts, she may lose her heart.
Shay isn't sure if the recent events are God's will or just a preacher's blunder. Will trusting her heart to the man who once shattered it be the worst mistake of her life? Or could their marriage be the best accident that ever happened?

7 comments:

  1. thanks SOOO much for reviewing this book, Casey! I've had my eye on it but wasn't sure; now I'll have to read it after your glowing recommendation :) Glad you enjoyed it, it sounds like it has LOTS of adventure and romance, oh yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous premise for a novel! I love the cover too..so beguiling. I'll be ordering this on my Kindle to enjoy on the coming cold January days. Thanks for this great review, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey,
    I love books written by Denise Hunter and this one sounds like it's going to be another great read! Thanks for the terrific review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three chapters left to read on this one. Can't wait, it's great!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. KARA, I enjoyed it! Not *as* much as her Seaside Letters (loooooved that book!!), but this one is delightful!

    GWEN, isn't it?? That's the first thing that perked my attention. You don't come across those very often!

    BETH, reminds me of what I bet your books will be like. :D Can't wait until that day, m'lady!!

    DIANE, all smiles! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise is the premiere writer of contemporary Christian romance, in my view ;-) I plan to read this one soon but my fav so far is The Convenient Groom, though I've loved them all!

    I have just finished Smitten, too - loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. REL, agree with you there!! And oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot about The Convenient Groom! I LOVED that book and both times I've read it, I've done it under 24 hours, it's that wonderful. I'd love just a sliver of her talent. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann