Saturday, December 31, 2011

Up and Coming Fiction! Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

No one steps on Archer land. Not if they value their life. But when Meredith Hayes overhears a lethal plot to burn the Archer brothers off their ranch, a twelve-year-old debt compels her to take the risk. 

Fourteen years of constant vigilance hardens a man. Yet when Travis Archer confronts a female trespasser with the same vivid blue eyes as the courageous young girl he once aided, he can't bring himself to send her away. And when an act of sacrifice leaves her injured and her reputation in shreds, gratitude and guilt send him riding to her rescue once again.

Four brothers. Four straws. One bride. Despite the fact that Travis is no longer the gallant youth Meredith once dreamed about, she determines to stand by his side against the enemy that threatens them both. But will love ever be hers? Or will Travis always see her merely as a short-straw bride?

Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Bethany House / June 2012 / ISBN: 978-0-7642-0965-9 / Pages: 352 / Paperback: $14.99

14 comments:

  1. Hmm seems like I've read one of hers before. I'll have to look it up.
    Real cute cover! Sounds like a cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen has had some great covers, but this one might be my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Casey! Thanks for showing off my new cover. :-) I'm like a mama with new baby pictures when I get the cover for a new book. LOL. Happy 2012, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has the cutest covers to her books! This one looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the books that I'm most excited for in 2012. I love Karen's books!!!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen's books are WONDERFUL and I can't wait to read this one! Her covers are always gorgeous, though this one might be my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great story, can hardly wait to get hold of this book.

    Wendy
    wrensthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cover and great premise Karen! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her books and can't wait to get my hands on this one. Hugs :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen,

    Wow! How do you do it? It sounds like another winner! And I LOVE the cover!

    Can't wait to get it in hand!

    Happy 2012 to all of you!

    Cheers,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read this one, Karen. Such a cute cover and a great premise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great comments today and on New Year's Eve at that. ;-) Have ya'll see the party going on at Seekerville right now? (www.seekerville.blogspot.com) GREAT stuff happening there. :)

    YES, Karen does write the best books and gets some pretty awesome covers!

    Thanks everyone for coming by and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm excited so share the new year here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds so good! Adding it to my wish-list! :)

    Melanie
    christianbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Casey and Karen, the book looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing about Seekerville, Casey, a great party :)
    blessings, kara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann