Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving only comes around once a year and is more than just a chance to gorge on pie and stuffing. It is a moment to truly reflect on what God has given us. As writers we have amazing creative minds. You don't have to be published to be able to put words onto a computer screen. To have characters "talk" to us and speak the words of their story until it refuses to allow us anything but the utmost desire to put words down, to release them through our fingers.

On today, the biggest day to give thanks in America, think about who you are giving thanks to. And what all He has given you. We are special, created in His image, a one of a kind creation. Don't waste what He has blessed you with.

May I pray?




Dear Heavenly Father,

On the day when the succulent smells of the holiday fill the home accompanied by love and laughter of those dear to us, may it be a time of contemplation and thanksgiving. In each and every one of us is something special. Be it the ability to write, the desire to spread Your word or the gift of ministering for You in the workplace, whatever it is, I ask that we would be made keenly aware of it. And give thanks and praise for the gifts You have bestowed.

As the family gathers around the table, as stories are shoved to the back of the mind may we take the experience around us and turn them into inspiration for our novels. Plant that bit of dialogue, the characteristics or motivation before our eyes to be filed away as fodder for a later date.

But more than anything Lord may we be continually reminded today and always that the outpouring of words comes directly from You. We are nothing without the Fount of all love, grace and wisdom. You are the reason we write. And may that never be forgotten.

All thanks and giving unto to You today Lord. All praise on this day!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

May this Thanksgiving be filled with love, laughter...and the bounty of God's grace.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. It's not something we celebrate in Australia, although maybe we should.
    I just wanted you to know that I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. You can pick it up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears came to my eyes while reading your beautiful prayer. Thank you, Casey, for your obedience to God in using His Words to reach others. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, that was absolutely beautiful. Have a wonderful day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that prayer! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Happy Thanksgiving, Casey! I trust that you had a blessed day with your family. :-)

    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving ladies! Has you might have guessed I took the day off from the computer and don't think I'll blog today. I need a day off. :) But thank you Beth for that award!! I will pick up soon. :)

    I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving and am so glad that you all did as well! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend and may God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann