Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dropping Bodies! ~ When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason ~ Review


Oh the bodies are dropping! I think there must have been another murder every twenty pages and there really isn’t much time to do a whole lot of gawking with this novel.
           
I’m not a blood and guts kind of girl, I’d rather reader a romance over a murder, so when I read a murder, I take them suspenseful. If you’re going to creep me out…then. creep. me. out. I think this novel did a pretty fair job of that task. The balance between murder and romance was pretty well level, though it did tip a bit heavier towards the murder business side.
            
The novel did feel a bit as though there needed to be a killing to keep the tension level high, but I didn’t think it too much until the ending.
           
I loved it when the story took a personal turn for our heroine. Putting someone close to her in danger, totally upped the anty and pumped my blood. Excellent moment in the novel. The only place where I thought it totally came out of character for the novel was at the end and the twist. Which of course I can’t say anything, so my lips are sealed, except to say I didn’t see it coming and wasn’t sure it really fit…but that’s just my personal opinion.
            
All in all, great book, cliffhanger ending, darn that author! ;-) And I have to wait more months until we figure out what’s in that envelope people were killing over. Shoot.
          
  Pun intended.
           
This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publisher for my copy to review. 
            
**Available October 2012 from Revell, a division of Baker publishers**   

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

Spunky and outgoing, nothing much bothers medical examiner Serena Hopkins--except for the thought of falling in love again. But when a serial killer is picking off her former classmates, Serena's life becomes intertwined with her old high school crush, FBI agent Dominic Allen. Is the secret she's keeping putting her next on the killer's hit list? Can she trust Dominic with the truth before it's too late? 

Intense, emotional, and fast-paced, "When a Heart Stops" will have readers up late as they race to the finish to find out what happens.

4 comments:

  1. Lynette is REALLY good at ratcheting up the tension. Although I must say your title of the bodies are dropping elicited a bit of giggle from me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she is! And I'm obviously really good at using the word "novel" in my review twenty times. Sheesh. LOL, the book has a LOT of bodies, it seemed appropriate. :)

      Delete
  2. Great review, Casey! I'm reading this one now! : )

    P.S. I see that you now have 701 followers!! Congrats!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liking it??

      Thanks! I NEVER thought I'd get this big. I feel very blessed. And thankful. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann