Friday, October 12, 2012

So Sad to See this Series End! ~ A Love Surrendered by Julie Lessman ~ Review


Sob. Do I really have to write the last review for the last O’Connor book? Well, I won’t cry just yet, as there is one forthcoming O’Connor prequel, but I have a feeling it just won’t be the same to leave this dramatic, loveable family after spending six books knowing them. Well over 2500 pages have been consumed through my eager fingers over the years and this family has truly become my own.
            
This novel definitely had a different angle working against it as we don’t know the heroine from previous novels. Before, all the love stories have grown out of present relationships, but with Annie and Steven, it’s brand new. I honestly, wasn’t sure how I would like that. Would I like the heroine? Or would she just be a hussy coming in brand new to steal the final hero?
          
  Wellll…Besides the fact that I gave the book five stars and absolutely loved the fabulous twist I never saw coming, I loved Annie. She’s sweet and innocent, but has an edge to her that does not give this girl a weak spine. I loved her!
            
What I love so much about these series of novels, is the entire book is never about just one love story or one issue. It’s about several couples we’ve fallen in love with…and simply don’t want to say good-bye! Each story layers to build a cohesive and page-turning read. Talk about a heart-sigh on that last page.
         
   I’ve loved these books. There is more than a twinge in my heart to leave them behind. But I plan to visit those pages again soon!
          
  This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.
           
**Available October 2012 from Revell, a division of Baker Publishers**

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

Orphaned in Iowa, Annie Kennedy moves to Boston to stay with her spinster aunt. She longs for romance to fill the void left by her parents' death. But when she falls hard for Steven O'Connor, the man who broke an engagement to her sister, Annie is worried. Will he break her heart too when he discovers who she really is?

5 comments:

  1. I hate to see it ended too!! Loved this series.... can't wait to see what she does next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad! But did you see the interview I did with her two weeks ago? She's seriously considering spinning off a series on the grandkids. LOVE that!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read this last one...I've loved all the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute new pic, girl! Love it! And yes, I bet you adore this one as well. :D

      Delete
  3. Though the series may be over, I never am. Always want to continue.....

    missionwife@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann